One Call Management
- Receive/place One Calls
- Process One Calls by calling, getting mapping and determining work area
- Talk with One Call submitter to verify work area and obtain details
- Either clear if work area is confirmed to be more than 30m away. Otherwise we would dispatch a crew to mark client facility.
- Send monthly summaries to all clients of one calls in which we handled
- Handling one calls for several oilfield companies in the same area saves money for clients by splitting costs. (ie; one pays time and kms there, and the other company pays return time and kms)
We have been Managing One Calls for several clients for the last 12 years.
We Respond to One Calls 7 days a week.
We are proud of our field work in ground disturbance. Our CEO is trained to teach Ground Disturbance Level 2 through Global Training Center. Don teaches groups, or single individuals for our clients. Throughout this teaching we are pleased to say our crews are top notch in this field and up to date.
A Ground Disturbance occurs any time the ground is disturbed. The Ground Disturbance Act requires due diligence, and quality controls are in place. We ensure;
- Regulations and safety policies are in place, and enforced
- Work in harmony with the client and consultant to ensure obligations, safety policies, and procedures are met
- We will treat facilities with due care, and precautions to prevent any possible facility strike
- Take all precautions necessary to determine whether or not any underground facilities exist within the 30 meter of work or search area
- Maps are current with up to date licenses
- Accurate locating on surface with clear, distinguished markers at adequate intervals to show all bends and corners, therefore ensuring the horizontal positions and
alignment of the underground facility
- Placement of facility within the disturbed area in relation to any existing facilities
- Proper supporting of exposed facilities
- Distance that must be maintained between underground facilities
- The distance that must be maintained with mechanical equipment. If different from regulations
- Alberta Ground Control will handle crossing requests
- Locate and mark buried facilities within 30 meter search area around construction zone
- Issue required permits to construction site supervisor
- Witness and inspect hand digging or hydrovac exposures of line within the 5 meter work area
- Witness mechanical excavation near existing buried facilities
Alberta Ground Control services include:
- Inspect coating of exposed buried facility to ensure no damage has occurred
- Take digital photos of exposed facilities/ sight holes
- Witness and Inspect backfill of exposed facilities/sight holes to ensure all excavations are put to bed, and adequate backfill materials are used
- Complete reports and store for the mandatory 2 years
All known pipelines and utilities that pass within 30 meters around construction sites should be located and stalked.
Line locating procedures involve:
- Experienced people who are familiar with the area
- Comprehension of site drawings and plot plans
- Full knowledge of all line locating procedures
- Familiarity with a variety of electronic pipe locating equipment
Representatives are highly trained in the technical and difficult are of buried line locating, a task that requires good knowledge of equipment and techniques, acquired through extensive field experience.
- Qualified experienced personnel
- Our accuracy & safety saves time an construction costs
- Utilization of different types of line locators with variety of frequencies to ensure all utilities are identified in different soil and field conditions.
- At time of location we also handle Ground Disturbance & Crossing Agreement consent permits; therefore cost efficient
- Handle our clients Alberta First Call requests promptly
- Locate and tie in all underground facilities for as-built plans
- Locate sites to be abandon & re-stake lease boundaries
- To accurately and safely locate all facilities
- Markers – coloured flags, ribbon lath or paint will clearly indicate location and alignment of buried facilities in work area and to extend 30 meters beyond
- Markers will be spaced so curvature and bends are clearly visible
- Stakes and markers will be driven less than 30 cm (1 ft.) into the ground
- To extend at least 30 meters beyond the proposed work area and to be positioned directly above the centre – line of the buried facility
- To form a cross consisting of 2 stakes at the point where existing pipeline, centre line and the foreign crossing right of way meets
Alberta Ground Control is proud of their expertise and experience in locating. We ensure our clients safety, feasibility, cost savings and promptness. Our equipment is the highest calibre.